But he (Shammah) took his stand in the midst of the plot and defended it
and struck down the Philistines, and the Lord worked a great victory.
II Samuel 23:12 (ESV)
Shammah Ministries│Nancy Bentz, Life Coach!
On an unusually mild, blue sky winter day here in Spokane, we’re now out of holiday work schedule mode and ‘back in the saddle’ here in our offices. It was the third week of January seven years ago when we moved into this shared space, God’s gift to us. Like many of you, we well know that state of being described as ‘not yet, but until…’ Those four little words can be applied to a host of situations. For us personally, they reflect the two facets of reality at present and those things we hold close in heart that are not yet visibly manifest. The bridge between them is hope and trust.
- Wayne is sensitive to the length of the healing journeys of many of his clients. He is also sensitive to the direction of the Holy Spirit. Weaving those two aspects together for each counseling relationship continues to grow in clarity. As many of you may testify, there is an increased sense of urgency to be done with those things that have blocked, hindered, or distracted from increased freedom in relationship and union with the Lord Jesus Christ. Wayne remains present and steady these days, continuing to take on new clients as others conclude or come and go. Mr. Flexibility, he welcomes and releases with grace.
- On my (Nancy’s) side of the ministry, the past two years have served to bring into sharpened focus the area of greatest effectiveness for which I’m designed. It includes teaching for spiritual growth and development, and a return to writing more consistently – which took a needful backseat for awhile.
- Coaching and counseling clients remain a priority. I too am available to potential new clients, and invite your referrals or welcome your engagement.
- In order to best facilitate that which I am certain of at present, I am pruning a few offerings in 2019. They include not hosting a women’s retreat this year, and the elimination of Listen to My Life groups and duos, of which I have facilitated many over the past seven+ years. LTML is itself undergoing a period of re-envisioning, which coincides with the Lord’s fresh whispers to me. I love the life maps and will continue to use them as a tool with individuals with whom I work in coaching or counseling relationships, as applicable.
- The hours otherwise spent in retreat preparation and life map facilitation will be freed up to be utilized in another area needing my focused attention: that of refreshing the design and use of nancybentz.com. It is work of the technical type; thankfully, with creative design – both natural and spiritual – included!
- Finally, I am eager to dive into new materials soon to arrive in my mailbox. Added to that which I already possess, I anticipate sharing with you some fresh offerings when the time arrives. My prayerful desire is for growth and development of our human spirit, resulting from first, a deeper understanding of the Person of the Holy Spirit. Stay tuned these first few months of 2019 for more detail to come.
Always, we welcome your questions and inquiries.
Our prayer for all of us is that this fresh new year will be the bearer of more of the grace and glory of our Lord – the One for whom we labor and to whom we owe our praise; indeed, our very lives.
which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.”
Wayne & Nancy Bentz