But he (Shammah) took his stand in the midst of the plot and defended it
and struck down the Philistines, and the Lord worked a great victory.
II Samuel 23:12 (ESV)
Dear friends ~
We have arrived at the end of our one-year Sabbatical that began last April 1, 2021. There is deep gratitude for the time the Lord has granted us, along with the resources that made it possible. He is ever our faithful Provider. He is also our Friend who knows our circumstances, needs, and desires, and has ministered to us in personal ways as each of us, and together, longed for in this purposed time off.
As shared in our previous newsletter, we enjoyed the full year’s gift of Sabbatical before emerging from it with specific steps forward. We have begun the planning process. To accommodate the details necessary for Wayne to re-engage, we are extending our time off until mid-May.
Here’s what we have determined at present and will be implementing as we emerge:
- Wayne has decided that he is leaving behind full-time counseling and will re-engage on a part-time basis. As a result of relinquishing our previous office suite and returning on a part-time status, going forward, he will provide distance counseling only (video counseling, or phone if that is one’s only resource; as before, he will not provide email counseling).
- Arrangements are underway to secure an appropriate, non-public location for Wayne’s remote counseling. Under this post-Sabbatical return, there will be no in-person counseling services provided.
- Working half-time will be structured in the following manner: two weeks on, followed by two weeks off. In the scheduling, there will be some variation at infrequent times due to personal commitments and/or any constraints beyond our control. Advance notice will be given to clients when we find it necessary to shift the normal schedule.
- Wayne’s first two-week schedule will begin Monday, May 16. Counseling inquiries can be directed to him via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a voicemail on his office phone at (509) 484-6334. Incoming inquiries through these two avenues will be addressed in the order received. Other contact information prior to Sabbatical is no longer valid and will not receive a response.
- Due to the new structure under which Shammahs Field LLC will operate, Nancy’s initial focus will be on editing content on the Shammahs Field website to reflect the new working arrangement. You are welcome to visit or share our website (shammahsfield.com) with the understanding that changes are in process.
- Nancy’s time will also be dedicated to a significant amount of writing the first several months. At present, her Shammah Ministries one-on-one services will be quite limited. Inquiries can be made by contacting her via the Contact page on her website at nancybentz.com, or by emailing her directly at email@example.com. Because she did not retain her previous office phone number, voicemails can be left at the same business number as above, (509) 484-6334. Messages will be retrieved / replied to at her earliest opportunity.
- In time, Nancy will continue writing / teaching around the internalization and outworking of the redemptive gifts. Please check periodically at nancybentz.com or subscribe to receive fresh postings when released.
We look forward to hearing from those of you interested in seeking the services we have to offer.
During our Sabbatical, we committed ourselves to an intentional year of unpacking and growing the redemptive gifts God placed within us. As we daily engaged living life in this set-apart time, it became even more evident that living from our design is far more nurturing and fulfilling than what we have previously known and experienced.
With the refreshing that has come from our Sabbatical, we look forward to moving into that which the Lord has appointed for us to walk in throughout this next season (Ephesians 2:10). It remains our privilege to journey with Him in ministry as He makes known His will and accomplishes His purposes in the hearts and lives of others with whom we engage.
To those who have cared for and prayed for us when we have come to mind during our year off, we thank you for your support of us personally and Shammahs Field LLC / Shammah Ministries.
We are grateful.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus the Anointed,
the love of God the Father,
and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit remain with you all.
II Corinthians 13:14 ~ The Voice
Wayne & Nancy Bentz / Mr. & Mrs. Shammah