But he (Shammah) took his stand in the midst of the plot and defended it
and struck down the Philistines, and the Lord worked a great victory.
II Samuel 23:12 (ESV)
Dear friends ~
Well (gulp), the time has arrived.
Wednesday, April 1, 2021, we begin our one-year sabbatical from the counseling ministry.
This first quarter of the new year has flown by – one day at a time. There has been so much to attend to, all of it important. But most important has been continued time with our clients as the days ticked by.
Before we go continue here, we want to extend our heartfelt gratitude to the multitude of individuals who discovered us or were brought or sent our way over the past twenty years. Without them, Shammah would not have had a Field of the magnitude and reach the Lord graced and entrusted to him. Thank you.
The other evening with less than a week remaining, we recounted the love, counsel, and faithfulness of the Lord; His provision and safekeeping; supernatural health and strength. It was one of many times in 45 years when we could see and know He had answered the Communion prayer of a song sung at our wedding, Gentle Shepherd by Bill & Gloria Gaither.
We say, without doubt, the Lord has never left us nor forsaken us. He IS Jehovah-Shammah.
remaining pertinent details
Details in progress were listed in our January 2021 Newsletter. A brief revisit follows with updated detail:
Shammahs Field (our ministry website at shammahsfield.com) has been scaled back –
- Those looking for counseling resources may access a list of referrals on our revised home page effective end of business on Wednesday, March 31. Each counseling resource listed is known to us, and therefore recommended by us, for your consideration and direct outreach to them.
- Also, a click on our Resources & Acknowledgements tab lists more ministries with links to their websites, some of which may provide you with additional resources upon inquiry.
- A link to this March 2021 newsletter will be posted on the home page.
- Wellspring of Life continues as the resident blog (with a refreshed Wellspring header photo!)
- A new tab Visit Nancy’s Website will link you to Shammah Ministries at nancybentz.com, where is featured a growing body of content on the Redemptive Gifts of individuals as they relate to the seven portions of our human spirit. Sabbatical: writing only; no clients / classes.
- For the time being in lieu of newsletters such as this, Sabbatical updates will be posted on an infrequent basis on our websites.
Social Media –
- The Shammahs Field Facebook page will be set to unpublished effective April 7, 2021.
- Nancy Bentz/Shammah Ministries Facebook page will remain active at present, as will my personal profile page where I also post any website writings for public view.
You may ‘like’ or ‘follow’ here: https://www.facebook.com/nancybentzshammahministries, or here: https://www.facebook.com/nancy.bentz.3/. If you only follow Shammahs Field page, that will end.
Our Current Contact Information – Emails / Business Cards / Phones / Office
Emails: Our Comcast business email addresses will be retained, with an On Sabbatical automated reply. Our shammahsfield.com website, as noted above, will list counseling resources for your accessibility.
Business Cards: Old and older business cards are just that – outdated. Please toss them if you have one in your possession. Details listed will no longer be pertinent with our Sabbatical closure. Thank you.
Phones: Nancy’s office phone line will be eliminated (number with the 290 prefix). Wayne will retain his business number (the 484 prefix) for future use. With Wayne’s business number still active, any voicemails left after March 31 will not be timely monitored nor necessarily responded to, which his voicemail message will reflect.
Office: We will not be there beginning April 1 (other than to water the plants!). What we will do with our office rental is yet to be determined. We have allowed ourselves a bit of breathing space, then the office will be addressed.
Signing off on our soon Sabbatical ~
May the grace of the Lord Jesus the Anointed,
the love of God the Father,
and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit remain with you all.
II Corinthians 13:14 ~ The Voice
Wayne & Nancy Bentz / Mr. & Mrs. Shammah